Thursday, October 2, 2008

im a mavrick

just listening/watching the debates. im glad sarah palin and joe biden arent making horrible gaffs (thus far) but i really gotta say, if someone says the word "maverick" one more time, i might vomit. what is this, a western?

today i finally handed in my first memo at work- 45 pages. not bad since i worked it down from about 53. i feel like i can sigh a breath of relief! although im sure i will be quaking when i have to actually discuss it later on. ah well.

today i was ALSO reunited with my baby, the p-t. i had to rush in traffic, past miami international airport, to get to the rental place to return my loaner, and then back to the dealership to get p-t. on the way, there was some serious traffic, everyone was getting off at the exit i needed... so ok, i was impatient, and i rushed forward, then cut in front of everyone who was in line. apparently, this is illegal. i got pulled over, and told that the officer giving a similar ticket to someone in front of me, would get to me in a sec. here i was, rushing, anxious, frantic, already going to be late, worried the car rental place would close and i would then be totally fucked and have to do this all over again tomorrow. (and, all i could hear in my head was the lil' wayne song, 'weee-oo wee-oo woo, wee-oooooooo, wee-ooooo woo, like a cop car. get up all in ya, i can hear the angels callin ya, beat it like a cop' etc etc) (ok, so those arent probably the actual sequence of lyrics but you know, im trying).

the police officer finally comes over to me, and hes in this tight police shirt, with his arm tats all showing, and these huge gucci sunglasses on, miami! he asks for my license, registration & insurance - and im like, its a rental! im new! i dont know where anything is, other than my little directional device! who knew crossing over the white line was illegal? then we chat about new york, miami, how i apparently have to change my license, and then he smiles and says, 'you think i really want to be doing this? i hate this. my sargent is making me do this. i could do like a million other things with my time.' (what police officer says this?). then he says no ticket for me, drive safe, enjoy miami, etc etc etc. i successfully accomplished getting out of my first ticket! hurrah!

yes, the life of a maverick.

anyway it is wonderful having my little car baby back, it finally doesnt freak me out with the GRR GRRR GRRRR engine noises, and it breaks much better than before. now i just have to work on my parking skills.

up next for the weekend? im not sure. i hope its sunny, but if i can get even one morning at the beach, ill be happy. im also trying to get in longer runs outside on the weekend, since it gets so dark here and that means im always on the treadmill. theres really nothing else planned, although i guess i should call my aunt and see if i can go over and see them (um, because i think its been about 14 years since i last saw her. awkward potential is high). maybe, like my mom says, she will give me a couch.

i know, its bizarre, but i still have a ton of space left to fill. the plus side is that i have room to stretch and do yoga after my runs, which honestly i dont think ive ever experienced in an apt before. oh the benefits of condo living.

ok, debate over, neck hurting, time to have some wine and get into bed.

xo

1 comment:

P courtst@ said...

way to circumvent getting a ticket. work it, girl!