Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Most Unproductive Week, Ever!

Hey Annie,
I'm really sorry to hear about your itching. You didn't happen to run into a spot of poison ivy, did you? The only other thing I can think of is maybe your laundry detergent? When I was working at Park Natural, a customer came in to return all of his Myers Lemon cleaning products--he said his daughter broke out into a rash with the stuff. So if you're rolling around in sheets with new/strange detergent, maybe that could be the cause... OR it could also be my favorite paranoia: BED BUGS. AUGH!

Speaking of personal ailments...I lifted free weights on Sunday, was fine Monday, but when I woke up Tues my upper and fore arms were so sore. Like, they're cramping up kind of sore. I have no idea why--everytime I lift, the pain/soreness happens the following day. I've decided to work on a new fitness goal--getting my speed up and my time down. I'm through with long distance blah blah bull shite. This is kind of hard to do, though, because the BU gym's indoor elevated track is so small, you have to run 7 laps to the mile, while staring down at the 4 basketball courts and volleyball courts and weight rooms--talk about vertigo.

I'm also really proud of you for signing up for the Miami half-marathon! I think you will have a lot of fun, and if I know you, you'll not only kick its ass, but also wish you had done the whole thing, too. But NYC is definitely doable, and I will run miles 19-22 with you in Harlem/Bronx until one of the bandit catchers flags me down and pulls me off the course. Did you see that article in the NYT? Unbelievable.

I'm in the theology library at the moment, and for whatever reason, I cannot seem to concentrate on work. Ever since I came back to Boston from the marathon, my concentration has been at 2%. So the work just keeps piling up, and I keep pushing it back. But I am looking forward to having girls' night this Friday with my roommate and two of her friends, which will involve sangria and tapas and possibly my new suede hooker boots. Oh, did I tell you? I finally broke down and went to Roosevelt Field Mall back when I was in NY, so I could outfit myself in the latest trends among suburban Long Island teens. Now I blend right in with all of the undergrads in my annoying lit classes. That's hot.

2 comments:

Mirz said...

Apparently, amateur long distance athletes (runners, swimmers, race walkers, cross country skiers) peak at a later age.
Other things that get better with age include wine, lasagna, quilts, Halle Berry... and some other things.

Annie said...

i actually hadnt read that nyt article, but did see that happen when i watched kari & nic last year, pretty insane. i mean, people get competitive towards the end, i assume. they dont want any non-competer to steal their thunder.

i love how you ended this post, btw, saying "thats hot." love it love it love it.