Saturday, November 15, 2008

i love saturdays

first, i must admit, im not a big fan of sangria in general. i find it is almost always too sweet a concoction, with not enough hard-core liquor in it. (you know what kind of girl i am: reference my love of hanger bar staten island iced tea- pure vodka baby). although i have had wonderful experiences with it when someone has made it at home, its usually just too cloyish to me.

so of course yesterday was very thrilling to get the good news. we were supposed to be able to find out at about 9am, but the online results website was totally fucked, excuse my language. thankfully i didnt sit there all morning trying- i was in court for several hours before i then went to check. but the website was doing that very-sllooooowwwww-loading thing, where the little circle goes round and round, and eventually times out. it was painful. several hours later, around 2.30, blake IM-ed me and asked if i had passed- to which i responded, i still had no idea! he then got someone to send me the link to yet, another site, where apparently you could check. i cannot even begin to imagine how many angry, crazy law students were calling the NY bar association beginning at 9am on the dot, complaining the the high heavens, yelling, shrieking, pulling out hair. dont be deceived by me, i may appear like a normal person, but believe you me, i went to school with tons of type A psychofaces who would do such a thing. this is similar to the kind of person who would anally complain about anything & everything that was not perfect with an exam or whatnot. (at least i hope you all dont think such things of me!).  so i finally got the link, and my heart was about to beat itself right out of my chest, it was so nauseating, i could barely breathe as i typed in my bar code and dob and then pressed return... it took me to another page, with the huge long paragraph that, at the time, i could barely read. actually, i dont think i read it in full at all, because i was just scanning it as quickly as i possibly could- WELL???? pass or fail????? and FINALLY i see the word, "congratulations".  they sure do like to keep the suspense up, now dont they? as im sure you can imagine, it was a huge relief, and although many people told me before-and-after that point that they always knew i would pass, ive got to tell you--- there were some moments in the past few months where i would think of one question, just totally hyper focus on some question that i vaguely remembered from the bar, and think, "now.... i think i put answer A, but then i know i changed it to B... and then later went back and changed it to A.... now.... let me see.... was that right?". these things haunt you! so it was a huge relief.

after work then, when someone down the hall suggested happy hour,  while i was secretly excited about going home and opening the champagne, ordering some sushi, and basking in my wonderfulness solo, pajama style, i couldnt really refuse drinks with company. 

we went of course, to my one and only tikibar on the water, where we sat outside, drank pitchers of bass, and reveled in the raw bar happy hour: huge, out of this world gulf-oysters, 3 for $2; peel and eat shrimp, also 3 for $2; the famous miami snow crab claws, 2 for $6... i was in heaven. there were of course, many more people there than had been the other night when i was there with blake, but its fairly easy to ignore trashy people when your face is deep into some raw seafood.

drinks ended around 9, and i headed back up to my apartment. the evening finished with my watching the rest of californication, season one, on dvd. have you seen it? it is pretty great. i cant stop at just one episode though, so its dangerous. it makes me wonder, where has david ducovny been all these years? i dont care about his sex addiction. he just brings me back to the x files, and i swoon. ((oh moulder and scully, whatever happened to your love affair????))

this morning, or rather, afternoon, i woke up after a long sleep and headed straight to the beach with some old us weekly magazines, hand-me-downs from another coworker. who could ask for more? i was laying there in the sun, a cool breeze, 85 degrees, reading trash and drinking diet coke. everytime i want to diss miami, i remember these kind of weekends. yes, of course, after a few hours i am too hot or need to pee or need to eat and must flee the beach and then later find some activity to entertain me for the rest of the night, which can be boring solo, but you know, its a pretty great life, all in all. i had my long run on the beach, just made dinner, and am off to take a drive & hopefully fulfill my mission of hacking into my ipod/nike device, so i can finally change the battery. its really genius, actually. you cant buy a new battery from ipod or nike, but theres a website where they tell you how to hack the thing open, break out the battery, and glue in another battery, that fits. how brilliant is the internet??? i mean, its mostly full of crap, but i will always appreciate- (other than cw.com  playing gossip girl online)- random fun websites that give you little projects on a quiet night....

xo 


1 comment:

P courtst@ said...

I want to eat those oysters! Promise you'll take me to the raw happy hour when I come to Miami...