Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stuffing Face with Savory or Sweet Items

Hey Annie,
I totally hear you about the impulse to not run and to sit on the couch and shove savory items instead. However, I still managed---err, was forced--to wake up this morning at 7am in the freezing, sleeting rain to meet my friend/colleague Rebecca for a run along the river. 5.5 miles later, I come home, freezing and dripping wet from rain and sweat, miserable...? probably. And having run on only 4.5hrs of sleep.

So it goes.

Anyway, in happier news... I AM DONE!!!!!!! This semester is done. I have given Leslie--my professor--the big heave ho. Well, he's given ME the big heave ho, because he's going on sabbatical and I will no longer be his student. So, our class went to the BU pub, I stayed for 2 pints, and as I was leaving, the playwrights were coming in, so I was convinced to have another 2 pints, then I made a date to play racquetball tomorrow morning at 11am with my playwright friend Alexis, and THEN I made it home.

Tomorrow (whatever--Fri night) I was invited to go to this Swat party in Rockport...? wherever the hell that is. I'd be up for it, but I think one of the people heading there is a SWIL member (i.e., Swarthmore Warders of Imaginative Literature--YES they wore capes, and hosted an annual pterodactyl hunt--think interactive Zelda (diane you are totally drooling right now)), and that could be kind of awkward. Frisbee people did NOT play with SWILlies. In fact, no one played with SWILlies, except SWILlies. Apparently they had the craziest orgies of all of the social groups on campus.

In other news!: I will allow myself to enjoy a weekend of hedonism before I start work on my thesis. Then I return home Thursday for some dental action, and will be around for nearly 3 weeks. Kinda crazy. I almost wish I could be back in school for all of that off-time, just so I can stay productive and not goof off like I normally do, if I were back in NY. Saturday night I am going to a party hosted by the guy from the band Dispatch--Annie, why do I think you were a big fan of them? Anyway, my friend from the program is brothers with him, and they're all having a party, so I'll be there. So will our professor Leslie. So it goes.

Anyway, I have to get my beauty rest before racquetball tomorrow AM, so signing off--

love,
Patty



No comments: