Monday, December 29, 2008

P: Gloggs and Other Matters

Seeing how this is the ONLY WRITING I've done in the past 1.5 weeks I've been home, I figure I should at least post re my adventures in NY. Here's the recap/highlights:

(1) Music exchange with Morgan, Fri the 19th! This happens every three years (Morgan can tell you what anniversary we celebrate, exactly).

(2) Landibadeau T-day, Sat the 20th! Hopefully pictures will be forthcoming? (Not by me--I don't think I snapped any. That means you, Jessi.) Much, much eating (c.f. earlier blog post.)

(3) Boozy Patois brunch, Sun the 21st: always a fun pastime.

(4) Mon the 22: DYKER LIGHTS!! followed by L&B Spumoni Gardens.

(5) Tues the 23: Woke up with a goddamn cold. Must have been the 4 days of tromping about in the snow/sleet/rain in wet Converses and a heavy backpack--spend 6+hrs outdoors each day. Stupid stupid stupid. Then got my hep a/b booster shot and a flu shot, which only made matters worse. I felt like ass.

(6) Wed the 24--Xmas eve--continued to feel like ass.

(7) Ditto Xmas day, and many days afterwards.

(8) Heather's gloggie! on the 26th. AWKWARD appearance from one Jedd B-man. He kept inserting himself into conversations when he didn't have anyone else to talk to, and then once you did the charity work of talking to him, he then made some condescending remark, or would just completely zone out, looking for someone better to have a conversation with, or staring at Heather kissing Zaggles, or whatever.

(9) Sat the 27th: Night out with Diane's RPI folks. Had one of her gay dude friends swat my ass; drank beer out of teacups (at speakeasy-themed Back Door); ended up at the Magician where said gay dude tried to mack it to this other guy at the bar (while Diane et al ran out to get pizza). Not wanting to spoil his game, and with no one else of the RPI party around, I decided to insert myself into a table of these two random guys who were deeply engrossed in conversation. "I'm sorry, but my friend at the bar is trying to hit on this guy, and I don't want to cockblock for him, so do you mind if I chat with you guys for a bit?" So we chatted, and then time goes by, and then I check my phone and saw like several missed calls, 3 texts, and a voice mail from Diane. Turned out her gay friend got so drunk, he told Diane that I grabbed a cab and left. Anyway, all was sorted out, though Diane had by this point already headed home. So I grabbed a drunken slice (my first pizza in more than two months), waited forever for a stupid F train, and got home by 2:30/3. All in all, a really fun night--met some interesting people, had some interesting conversations, and forgot so forth. Yay, thanks for letting me crash your college get together, Diane =).

(10) Sun the 28th: Mimosa brunch at Arte Pasta--sadly, Annie's last day in NY! Afterwards, met up with my friend Ethan #1, whom I haven't seen since my birthday. We meant to get coffee, but instead he ordered us a bottle of Prosecco and we aired our respective grievances. Well, basically, he listened while I bitched/babbled about everything going on in my respective corner of the world. Things are going well with him and his girlfriend--he was telling me about some rocky missteps and communication issues they were able to work through, and I was glad to hear it.

(11) Mon the 29th: I swear the media has gone batty. There were NO good sales anywhere, as far as I could tell. But that didn't stop me from buying a ten dollar sweatshirt from H&M and a newsboy cap for twenty bucks (I would have liked to pay only 10) from Banana.

Tuesday is an exciting day at the dentist, and Wednesday... who knows? I'm trying not to plan that far ahead.

No comments: