Thursday, September 18, 2008

The beloved, forgotten boy band 2GEtHER



Hey Annie, I'm glad you're nearly all settled in, and furniture will soon no longer be an issue. I know zilch about cars, and even less about the used car market, but I can only hope you don't get a used salesman like the band members of 2Gether, that short-lived MTV mock-boy band. Check out their "hit" "single" The Hardest Part of Breaking Up Is Getting Back Your Stuff, where the boys are at a used car lot. The one on the left is Chris Farley's brother.

As for me, I've been looking up running clubs in the Boston area, and tomorrow I am crashing the Cambridge Athletic Club's Fri night Charles RIver fun run--it's 4 miles, and hopefully it will end in laughs and pints of beer. I also signed up for a Meetup.com group of Boston-area runners that do a 6miler + breakfast every Saturday morning. I have no idea who these people are, but it will definitely be a back to back adventure in Cambridge. I only hope I can keep up and I won't be shamed by my slow running.

You're probably a little too frazzled at the moment to give thought to this just yet, but I've lately been kind of feeling like, I don't really have friends in this city, and maybe that's okay because I'm not here to make friends. You know, like what all the reality TV show people say. Back in NY, I'd be double-booked every night of the weekend, and would go out nearly every weekday night as well. In Boston, I don't have any lunch dates, or happy hour drinks (also because the blue laws in this state prohibit happy time specials), or 4 birthday parties every wknd that I have to go to. It's kind of nice not having to answer to anybody but myself, but I can imagine that it will probably get lonely soon.

Well, that's that. The Benjamin/Bakhtin/Lukacs paper is done, and I must get back to this short story I've been attempting.

Hope today goes well!
love, P

No comments: