Monday, January 12, 2009

its good to be thankful

its been a long long day, full of stress like you cant imagine. i was at work this morning and something happened to my eyes, total distortion and disorientation, and i had to rush to the eye doctor over at mount sinai; my office mate nicole drove me over, waited, and then when it was all over, took me back to work- a comfort that i wouldnt have expected to exist. thankfully nothing is lastingly done, no permanent damage, but it was incredibly scary to think: this is it. i might have distorted vision forever. its not the sort of thing to go into in depth online, it feels too impersonal and awkward and still uncomfortable and unexplainable and yet just grinding back, making me remember that horrible feeling. so instead i will just say that it makes me feel ever so fortunate that most of the time, we worry about senseless little details, like waiting for the cable guy, or if we will run into traffic on the way to work, and whether there are fun evening plans, or if the weekend will be sunny or not. these things always compromise our days and we are lucky, very lucky, that they distract us from those unthinkable things, those things we take for granted: our health, our family, the love that we have in our lives, just being able to breathe and exist. so at the risk of sounding preachy, i am so thankful for all of you and for everything. to many more healthy & happy times ahead. a belated new years wish.

xo

2 comments:

Mirz said...

It is good to be thankful. I hope that was the end of your vision issue.

P courtst@ said...

Oh Annie! I'm really sorry about this sudden eye problem. You're right--these kinds of moments help us put things into perspective. I only hope everything is alright!