Friday, March 6, 2009

P: Where I'm Calling From (A Photo Essay)

Diane's RPI friend/my roommate Sheila's hs friend/my friend Brian bought Sheila and me these awesome sets of NYC gloves, as an advance thank-you, as he'll be crashing with us during Boston marathon weekend. So, inspired by my new favorite artist Christoph Niemann (of the "I LEGO N.Y." fame), I have made a little collage about my birth city. Also, I came home from Davis Sq/Somerville with Amy (shout-out-- Jessi!) and I'm really tired and I have to wake up and run 5 miles with her tomorrow.

love,
Patty

PS- Title borrowed from Raymond Carver...

Five boroughs, unite! (Uh oh, am getting PTSD flashbacks from the marathon experience...)



Where I'm from. A great excuse to flip people off.


Where I spent my childhood and adolescence wishing I was from instead.


Where I met you guys! Also, where we spent way too many hours on the 4 train...


The borough I miss most.


And this little borough cried, "wee, wee, wee," all the way home.

No comments: