Thursday, March 5, 2009

P: Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Morning

Annie, it sounds like you had an awesome part of weekend in Palm Beach--jealous! But I totally hear you about getting tired and wanting to have some down time to yourself. And...I'm glad to hear your foot is doing better! I hope you will soon be back up and running at full capacity. Also, that sushi at the strip mall sounds to die for...I can't wait to experience that all in less than one week! I was inspired by your various photo montages, and I realized I had yet to take pics of my immediate domicile and general life circumstances. These were photos snapped on our snow day on Monday, which means they were neither woodsy nor taken in the morning (I took them at 4pm). Here 'tis:

My apartment, the home where I hide...

Across the street from my apt (view of Beacon St; Fenway is towards the back-left)

My block. An excellent Mexican restaurant called Sol Azteca in the distance (despite its sign, it's actually a classy joint). To the left, across the divide, is Taberna de Haro, a Spanish tapas restaurant.

Down the block from me is the St. Mary's Green line C line T-stop. This is a large trolley at 3 cars. Sometimes it's only one.

In true Patty fashion, I've included a pic of my local supermarket, Johnny's. It's one block away. They charge $0.80 cents for a skinny bundle of scallions. That is a lot of money.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annie said...

hooray! love the pics, particularly your comment: "they charge 80 cents for a skinny bunch of scallions. that is a lot of money."

classic & amazing.